- If you have an iLab account, please login at the top right or use this link https://ilab.sanfordburnham.org/
- If you do not have an iLab account, please click HERE to request an account. All fields are required.
- You must have a Customer ID and iLab account to request services from this facility.
- To obtain a Customer ID please email Eveline Hernandez at email@example.com
- To obtain an iLab account, please click HERE.
Forgot your password? Please click HERE.
Overview of Services
The Medicinal Chemistry Facility at Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute is tasked with providing general synthetic and medicinal chemistry resources and expertise to the biomedical research community at the Institute and with external academic partners. Our team is staffed with industry-trained chemists and has a solid track record in all aspects of synthetic problem solving.
Chemistry Consulting for Projects and Grant Applications
- Analysis of prior art and chemical landscape
Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Synthesis of small molecule reference compounds from milligram to multi-gram scale.
- Evaluation of structure-activity relationships (SAR), based on biological assay results, and next step decisions for progressing a project forward.
- Design and synthesis of chemical libraries for hit and lead identification, as well as diversity libraries based on a structural theme.
- Analog synthesis and lead optimization targeting the improvement of potency, physiochemical, and pharmacokinetic properties.
- Synthesis of custom organic reagents and synthetic intermediates.
- Verification of the structural identity and purity of samples.
- 1H and 13C NMR with 1D and 2D spectra acquisition and multinuclear capability.
- HPLC and LC/MS (single quadrupole, triple quadrupole and TOF) analysis.
- Normal, chiral and reverse phase chromatography separations on analytical and/or preparative scales.
- High resolution mass spectrometry for accurate mass determination.
Anthony Pinkerton, Ph. D. | Facility Director
Location and hours of operation
Monday through Friday
8AM to 5PM